2013年10月10日 星期四

The Beauty of the Highest Peak in Taipei (2)

Hello, everyone! 
This week I would like to introduce the highest mountain in the Yangmingshan National Park. When I was an elementary school student, one of my favorite leisure activities is go hiking with my mother. Because I lived in Beitou district, where is very near to Yangmingshan National Park. It is very easy for me to approach Mother Nature. There are a lot of trails in the park; however, I love Mt. Qixing Multi-Peak Trail the most! 
Since Mt. Qixing is the highest mountain in the Taipei Basin, we can overlook the whole Taipei Basin when we stand on the top peak at about one thousand and one hundred twenty meters above sea level.

If it is sunny, we can even see Taipei 101! Besides,there are a lot of plants we can see on this trails. For instant, if we climb up from Lengshuikeng(冷水坑), we will pass Menghuan Pond(夢幻湖), which is really famous for one rare type of water fern - the Taiwan isoetes(臺灣水韭).


This is a kind of conservation of plants in Taiwan - the Taiwan isoetes



We can see a lot of beautiful miscanthus flowers(芒花) in autumn.












Charming azaleas in spring.






 If you want to challege these two peaks, here is a trail example.

Through this simple introduction, hope you can challenge the first peak in Taipei and see how fascinating Mt. Qixing is.
Mt. Qixing(This is video!)

8 則留言:

  1. Well, honestly speaking, I am stunned by the breathtaking picture of miscanthus flowers in Mt. Qixing. I used to consider miscanthus flowers are nothing but an ugly grass, but I think I am totally wrong. After reading your blog, the impulse of visiting Yangmingshan couldn't stop overwhelming me!

    回覆刪除
  2. My parents are fond of mountain climbing and when I was little, my family almost went mountain climbing every weekend! So I am familiar with some mountains in Taiwan, and your blog recalls me to the memory of Mt. Qixing. It's fun! I'm looking forward to your next essay. :)

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Haha! If we have an opportunity, we can go mountain climbing together:D
      Thanks for your reading!

      刪除
  3. It still a mystery that how the Taiwan isoetes come to Menghuan Pond.Some said that it was brought there by the bird from their native land.It's really amazing.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Yes, it's really a precious plant in Taiwan!
      Thanks for your reading:D

      刪除
  4. It is so amazing ! When I was little , I often went mountain climbing with my family ! The memory is still warm and beautiful!

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Ha! Your blog is really amazing, too:D
      I like Yosemite very much!
      Thanks for your reading!!

      刪除